Beginning on December 1, 2007, the immigration authorities of Bolivia will require US citizens to obtain a visa.
The Consular Section of the Embassy or the Consulates of Bolivia and exceptionally the Directorate General of Immigration through its land border posts and airport immigration control will issue tourist visas to all United States citizens.
The validity of tourist visas for United States citizen will now be of ten (10) years, allowing multiple entries
The admittance is for a period of thirty (30) calendar days extendable by request to the Directorate General of Immigration for two (2) similar periods; themselves that can be continuous or discontinuous in the period of one (1) year.
Requirements to Request a Tourist Visa for US Citizens:
- Complete the Sworn Statement For Visa Application
- One recent 2" x 2" passport type photograph
- Original Passport with at least 6 months of validity
- Copy of the hotel reservation or invitation letter from Bolivian friends or relatives indicating the host address.
- Round trip ticket or copy of travel itinerary
- Bank statement or equivalent that shows economic solvency. (A copy of Credit Card - front side- will also be accepted. Please note that the validity of the document should be for at least the travel period). Parent's or Legal Guardian's Economic Solvency documents are accepted for underage applicants.
- Visa fee: US$ 160.00
- The visa must be obtained at any Consulate of Bolivia prior to trip
IMPORTANT: Incomplete application will be returned without being processed